Tuesday, January 14, 2003


BROKE

Well, that says it all. My High Roads money took care of everything I needed the past few months including the wedding, the bills for the house, getting a new apartment and fixing it up. I thought I'd have quite a bit left over before checks for the next project started coming in, but I was wrong. My next check won't be around till probably March and until then I only have exactly $600 to tide me and Ilyn over. Aw man. OLD WOMEN made sure I spent my last penny on the wedding and it's my resistance to OLD WOMEN that made me spend much more.

For those of you who just recently visited, "Old Women" is my term for tradition, mostly oral tradition handed down by grandmothers to their children and so on. Most of it is NONSENSE in my opinion. Tradition like not traveling long distances immediately before the wedding because something "might" happen. Idiotic. Anything can happen ANYTIME. I believe that if it's your time to die, then you WILL DIE, wherever you may be, whatever you may be doing. Be it in a plane, or in a car, or on a mountain, or sleeping in your bed, huddling in the corner of your basement afraid of doomsday. Whatever. YOU WILL DIE. And when you do and your mind is finally filled with the truths of the universe your puny human mind cannot comprehend while you were alive, then you will feel stupid you've been stupid most of your life for following OLD WOMEN.

Old Women demanded I had a wedding as big as it was, although Ilyn and I tried really hard to make it as intimate as we could make it. I can't really complain on this part because everything went really well and it was terrific seeing all my friends there.

Old women is hinting I stay at home with my parents WITH MY WIFE, take my old room and make it our room as I save up to build our own house. BULLSHIT. Other people may find nothing wrong with this and others may find it even practical. I got no beef with that. Live your life the way you want to. But don't force ME to do it they way you do. I love my parents of course, but now that I'm married, I gotta build my OWN family on MY OWN two feet. How can you propose to take care of your own family when you can't even leave your own parents house? It will be tough, but so what, it's part of life. So I won't buy much comics (except League of Extraordinary Gentlemen he.he.), so I won't buy DVDs or eat at nice places or buy nice gadgets for the time being. I can live with that. I can live on noodles for a week or even a month if need be. It's tough, but at least I'm standing on my own. I may be broke now but so what, I'm not lazy. I'm working and working hard. We'll get through this in time. And when I do I'll be the happiest person in the world because I know it was because I did myself (and with Ilyn of course), without leaning on anybody. Old women kiss my ass!