Tuesday, May 24, 2005

CAL SOBREPEÑA Official Site


Cal Sobrepeña Official Site

Cal Sobrepeña Official Site

The artist also known as Piping Calusa, who passed away in July 2004, gets a loving tribute on the web from his family. Cal is known for his charming portrayal of couples in love on the covers of Lovelife Komiks for many years. But he is also known for many things. The site gives a comprehensive view of his life and his works including a peek at his numerous sketches, Bible illustrations, photographs and even drawings by his young students.

It's great to know that members of the Calusa family visit this blog and the site overall (it is from one of my message boards did Ram Calusa inform us of the site), and I'm a little embarassed that I have very little material on their father on this site. I haven't come across much of Cal Sobrepeña's work because for some reason, comics from the 70's and 80's seem to be far harder to get a hold of than comics from the 50's and 60's!

I'll try to rectify this soon enough as I've recently acquired comics with some of Cal's (as "Piping Calusa") work from the late 60's and early 70's.

To visit the site, click on the graphic above or click below:

CAL SOBREPEÑA OFFICIAL SITE
http://calusa.atspace.com/


**************************

Note: Enetation comments seem to be down at the moment. I did not remove it. Hang on as the enetation site may be having problems. I expect it to be back soon enough.