Saturday, October 06, 2001


I saw a woman get hit by a car today. It was one of the most blood curdling things I've seen. It's one thing to see it in movies (and in that case I've seen a LOT), but to see it for yourself right there with your own very eyes is truly quite shocking. The woman on the side of the road lying still, a younger woman trying to help her get up. It was horrible. I was in a bus and I saw it in a split second, but it's enough for the sight to sear right into my mind. I don't know really how long I'm gonna carry this. Probably a very long time. Probably all my life. The woman didn't seem to be seriously hurt as I looked again as our bus passed by. She was moving, and it was a good thing a police jeep was immediately behind the car that hit the woman. I'd like to think they were able to bring her to the hospital.