Tuesday, November 05, 2002



FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING (Platinum Series Extended Edition Collector's Gift Set)

Yes, I WANT it. It's out NOW and I can't wait to get my copy. ha! ha! It has been a source of astonishment to my friends that I've NEVER seen Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. Not in theaters and not in video. I missed the movie because I wanted to watch it with Ilyn, but we never found the time to watch it together. So I said, well, I'll just get it on DVD. When the pirated version came out, my bro was able to borrow a copy but I refused to look at it, even though I got a glance at it and the picture was amazing.

Even when the 2 disc Widescreen edition set came out in August, I didn't buy it because I wanted the GIFT SET out in November. At the latest DVD marathon at Leinil's place I hid in Leinil's studio to read PREACHER because they decided to watch Lord of the Rings. I wanted to watch it when I get my gift set and only then will I watch it. My friends MARVEL at my self control. There was never really much to control because I wasn't really that gung ho about watching it in the first place. I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna love it when I see it of course because I love movies like this.

At least I can get to see this and next movie back to back and not have to wait a year. Hmm...what If I just hold on to this gift set, not watch it, get the DVD of the next movie next year and not watch it, and just watch all three movies one after the other? Hm...that would be great! I think I'll do just that. he.he.