Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Komikero Interviews!


Interviews And Articles!


Leo Partible, Dell Barras, and Kevin Grevioux
http://www.theflavoronline.com/article.php?story=20040923010608144
Film and Comic Producer Leo Partible, Underworld Creator Kevin Grevioux and storyboard/comic artist Dell Barras talk about their lives in the world of comics, film, and animation.

Budjette Tan
Pinoys in the Panels
http://news.inq7.net/lifestyle/index.php?index=1&story_id=13221
Article about comics and comics creators in the Philippines

Carlo Vergara
'Ang kagila-gilalas na comic book ni Carlo Vergara'
http://news.inq7.net/lifestyle/index.php?index=3&story_id=13224&published_site=28
Interview with the creator of ZsaZsa Zaturnnah

Gerry Alanguilan
No Longer 'Wasted'
http://news.inq7.net/lifestyle/index.php?index=1&story_id=13222
Interview with....ME!! :)

The last 3 articles come from Today's issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer. (September 29)

I didn't know this was going to be at the Inquirer. It was just someone I knew (the husband of my sister in law's sister) who asked me for an interview and I said, cool! I did a lot of interviews lately. A couple have been as a resource person for guys doing their theses on comics, one was an interview with a La Salle school paper, another one is for a documentary about comics, and another one for Seeker magazine.

A while back I got really hesitant to do interviews because well, it started to get embarrassing talking about myself in things like this, really. And up to this day, I can't look at myself on TV (I've yet to even look at my cable interview a month or so back), I can't read articles like this about me on the newspaper, and when the Wasted movie's done, I'm sure I won't be able to stand looking at myself in it. I dunno, I think I just look really embarassing I guess.

I've agreed to do these recent interviews though, because I'm given the chance to talk about things I want to push and promote, like the Philippine Comics Museum and the art of our great masters in comics. Those I have no problem talking about. I could go on for hours talking about that and not feel embarassed reading about it afterwards.

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been able to update the museum in a while. I'm just literally SWAMPED with work. I'm still finishing my segment in Siglo: Passion, inking Batman-Danger Girl, doing Johnny Balbona, writing the last few pages of the Lastikman script, and a 10 page art job for Graphic Classics. I have to finish them all before I leave for Bohol on October 17. ARGH! But I think I'll make it. I'll be gone for a week. I guess I'll be able to update my museum when I get back.