Tuesday, December 25, 2001


Merry Christmas Everybody!

And for those of differing faiths, Happy Holidays to you! And if someone greets you a Merry Christmas, try to take it in the spirit of the season. For Christians, it's to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. For others, well, it's the season when families that were separated for many months, be it because of school, of work, etc., come together as a family and be one again. For some people, it means gifts and Santa Claus. For some, its a time for Children, for some it's a town fiesta. Whatever reason people want to celebrate at this time is perfectly allright to me. Just as long as people are happy and they are nice to each other, with the hope that they carry this feeling throughout the year.

And the weather, man, can you beat that? I swear, this weather is so cool. I just wish it didn't drizzle so often. Well, the lighter side of this is that if we were in a more colder country, that drizzle would be snow. And since it drizzles often during Christmas here, well, if we were in a colder country, we would have lots of white Christmases!

Last night I baked a chicken, some ham, drank some leftover beer that went into baking the ham, wrapped some gifts. Emailed Christmas greetings to some folks. Just on a whim, I emailed this pretty newscaster from CNN, Monita Rajpal. I told her that watching her on CNN makes bad news doesn't seem so bad. And I really did mean it. I wished her Happy Holidays and that was pretty much it. It was a very short email which I would not have otherwise sent if I was just a little bit sober. And wow, she wrote back thanking me for the greeting. Well, at least I hope it is her.

Up for this day, heating some of the leftovers. he.he. Then go visit Ilyn, then do some work. Yep, work. I still have a ton to do which I need to Fedex first thing the holidays are over. 2002 is going to be a pretty busy year for me, I think. And that's the way I like it.