Wednesday, December 26, 2001


MY 2002

Next year is going to be pretty hectic. Probably the busiest year of my life so far. All throughout the year I'll be inking High Roads, Leinil Yu's Cliffhanger book. January and February and probably even March I'll be staying in Manila to supervise the filming of the Wasted movie. I'll be in hand to also work on the script and make sure the essence of the story is kept intact.

In March I have a deadline for a 28 page comic book adaptation of Francisco Arcillana's The Yellow Shawl which I'll be pencilling, inking and lettering. I'll be doing the pages smaller, probably 8.5"X13" and I'll experiment a bit with simple lines. It's not a book with Ochlocrat like detail so I'm reasonably sure I can finish it by that time. I need to color this myself so hopefully, I would have bought a Wacom and installed a Painter program so I can at least try to color it.

Immediately after that I'll start work on my Alamat book for the year, in which I'll be collaborating with Budjette Tan and another artist, which should take the rest of the year to finish. I also have a July deadline for a single illustration interpreting 2 segments of H.P. Lovecraft's Fungi From Yuggoth, which I'm doing for Graphic Classics. In August, I hope to be able to go to San Diego for the International Comic-con to promote High Roads with Leinil and Edgar. And upon returning, I'll be moving out of the parents house into my own apartment.

And on December of course, I get married. Probably all this work is so I can have enough money to settle down. And I'm telling you all this so I could embarrass myself into doing all of these things because If I don't, I'll look like an idiot by the end of the year.

Since I'll be moving to Manila for a while, and I won't be bringing my computer, I won't be able to read your emails or monitor the message board as often as I would like. I'll be checking emails only on the weekends when I'm back here in San Pablo. I'll try to check my mail via an Internet Cafe, if I can only wrestle my way through all these zombiefied Counterstrike kids hogging the computers.

So if during this time you write me and I don't write back, this is why.