Tuesday, August 13, 2002


NERVOUS

We'll be shooting some Wasted in the next couple of days and I must admit I'm a little nervous. I'm really not an actor so I can't act you know, but Noel Lim has gotten some crazy idea that I can. We've already shot a lot of scenes, but most of them were silent scenes wherein I just had to sit there and look pissed or walk here and there and stand there and shoot somebody. We really haven't shot anything where I'm actually talking.

Well, the scene that we're going to shoot next is me doing a LOT of talking AND screaming. And it's an outside scene in the middle of the street and there will be lots of people. And to be honest, it scares the hell out of me. I really haven't done anything like this before and to do it for the first time in front of a lot of people who think I'm a real actor who expect to see something good is really nerve-wracking. I think I may need a little drink before I start, which I haven't done in a long time.

I'm grateful for the typhoon today because the shoot was postponed, but sooner or later, I'm gonna have to face this. And I'm wondering how I'm going to deal with it. People say just shut the people out and just concentrate on what I have to do. I've been successful so far with shutting out the camera, so I guess I'll just extend it to everything else. I'll need a couple of beers to do it though. ha. ha.



For those who have read the book, the scene in question is the telephone scene, where Eric is "talking" to his ex, Jenny, on a pay phone. Eric starts out glad he's talking to her, but he slowly gets desperate and angry as he talks. And just as he is at his angriest, he catches a guy trying to slash his back pack.Eric transplants all that anger into the guy, repeatedly bashing his head right into the pay phone until the guy dies. A cop comes in and Eric scampers away.