Wednesday, June 18, 2003


I'm collecting toys for the first time in my life. A lot of people have asked if I collected toys, specially Noel Lim, but I've always said NO. I just didn't have the interest. But boy, did those McFarlane toys look cool or what? Still, no matter how great they looked, I just didn't feel like buying them. I feel I just don't have any use for them. Well I broke down and started buying action figures from the newest Star Trek series ENTERPRISE. The figures here are Weapons Officer Malcom Reed (Dominic Keating) and Chief Engineer Charles "Trip" Tucker (Connor Trinneer), two of my favorite characters in the show.

Why did I start buying now? I just happen to be totally NUTS about this series, as a previous blog entry would attest. My wife is a trekkie now because of ENTERPRISE. She liked it because one, she's a fan of Scott Bakula from the old Quantum Leap series, and two, she feels that ENTERPRISE is populated by more "human" characters than previous Treks. I tend to agree. I really like these characters. They tend to act and talk like someone I would know personally.

All of a sudden, having action figures around the house isn't so bad. All of a sudden I really want that McFarlane Alien action figure REALLY BAD.