Thursday, April 06, 2006

ZOMBIE!




Detail of a larger zombie illustration. I had a lot of fun doing this one, spending an unhealthy amount of time doing it and "researching" for it (see earlier post). As I mentioned earlier, this is for a Night of the Living Dead book, inspired by the movie of the same title. I have a copy of it and to stay truthful to the feel of the film, I used a lot of elements I saw in there into the drawing. This particular zombie, for instance, is based on one of the zombies in the movie.

I find I really enjoy working in the horror genre. There's something in there that allows me to really let go. I've done a lot of horror very early in my career, and I had a chance to illustrate a couple of stories of this type for Graphic Classics, adapting short stories written by Bram Stoker and Rafael Sabatini. I wouldn't mind doing something longer with something like this.