Sunday, April 02, 2006

Doroteo L. Alanguilan




My dad is coming out with a book of his poetry, written from his school days in the 50's right up to the present. Some of these poems have been previously published in various newspapers and magazines, but this is the first time they all appear in one collection, including many unpublished ones.

I've provided spot illustrations throughout the book, and came up with the design for the cover. It's still a temp cover, as I thought it would be a good idea to actually see my dad's handwriting on the paper. That's my dad in 1955 and my mom in 1963.

Also published by Komikero Publishing, this should come out a month or so after Elmer #1 does.

If anyone is interested, please get in touch with me directly at my email: gerryalanguilan(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Oh, and my dad also has his own website. :)
http://doroteo.alanguilan.com