Thursday, June 06, 2002


New Bruce Springsteen and E Street Band Album!!



Ok, I better get it out of the way first. I'm a HUGE Bruce Springsteen fan. I have been ever since I heard Born To Run nearly 20 years ago. Likes in music come and go, but my like in this guy's music never goes away. I have all his CDs, even a couple of bootleg Concert CDs. I almost saw him and the band perform in Detroit in 1999. I had a ticket and I already booked my hotel but the concert was postponed and I spent the day in Detroit just walking and eating chili. I always wanted to see them live because I hear that's where Bruce really comes alive. I'm still hoping.

The very last true Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band studio album was Born in the USA back in 1984. Sure the band appeared in Tunnel of Love but they were used sparingly and sparsely. Bruce's new album, "The Rising" is the very first true studio album from these guys in 18 years! And I for one am totally excited. I can't wait!!

From CNN:
Springsteen releasing new album in July
First record with full E Street band since '84
June 3, 2002 Posted: 1:32 PM EDT (1732 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- After releasing just three studio albums in the past decade, rocker Bruce Springsteen finished his latest record in eight weeks.

He was as surprised as anybody.

"I woke up one morning, and I had a record," Springsteen joked about his new album, "The Rising," due in stores July 30.

"The Rising" will be Springsteen's first studio rock album since 1992, and his first effort with the full E Street Band since 1984.


For the rest of the article...
http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/03/arts.us.springsteen.ap/index.html