Thursday, January 16, 2003


I just read the New X-Men Hardcover and oh my GOD! The X-Men Rock! Grant Morrison RULZ!! Really! You know, I actually have the first TPB which collects half of this hardcover. I read it and for some reason it didn't go over too well with me. That was probably because I just had a LOT on my mind. The wedding, work, etc. Now I read issues 114 to 126 and man, these are some of the most fun, exciting X-men stories I've read in a long time. And I've been a fan since 1978 or thereabouts. I was supposed to be inking yesterday, but I spent most of the day in bed reading with Ilyn on back to go and ink. She was washing clothes and to trick me to probably drop the book was to tell me that she needs to wash the clothes I was wearing so I better go take a bath. Well, that didn't work with me. I took my clothes off and continued to read. ha! It was *that* good. he.he.

Well, the book did include the annual I had inked, but for some reason, I still can't bring myself to read it. I dunno. I guess I'm just too close to the material. I inked the lines I see on the page and it sorta ruins the magic and believability of it. Everytime I read it, I get distracted by the drawings, remembering how I inked them and what I was doing while inking them. I see all the errors I've made and its just too uncomfortable to look at. I don't know if any other artist feels this way, but I do and it's damn strange. I know the story must be good because the rest of the book is, but I really can't tell.