Saturday, July 19, 2003



THE JUDGE'S HOUSE

I ran really late on finishing this story, 17 pages where I pencilled, inked, and lettered everything. It was so late, the story was very nearly given to someone else. I had to hunker down and just do it, ignoring literally everything else (aside from Superman) just to finish it. So if there is anyone out there who is feeling ignored, and I know there's at least a couple of you out there, this is the reason. What can I say? I wish God gave us 36 hours in one day so I can at least attend to other things aside from this, but as it was I really had no alternative. If I didn't do it, I'd lose it. I also couldn't ignore Superman because that is what's keeping this roof over my head. So aside from drawing The Judge's House, I was also inking Superman, working like crazy for nearly 18 hours a day everyday including Sunday.

I've finally done with the Judge, and I'm happy with the results. I would have rushed it, but I really couldn't. Check it out when it's released along with Graphic Classics: Bram Stoker out in a few months. One would think I could get a short breather, but I can't afford to. I'm back to inking Superman full time with another deadline that's looming very close.

I'm glad for the jobs because I earn from it, but there are projects put on hold because I've had to prioritize. This is not to say that those other projects are not important to me, as a couple of you who feel ignored feel I'm not giving due importance to our projects. All of these projects are important. I've already invested TOO MUCH on those other projects for to just forget it just like that. It would be stupid. It's just that I had to prioritize which I needed to do first. I will attend to all these projects eventually...but at this point, I'll be busy with Superman for the next couple of weeks.