Friday, July 11, 2003



Well you say that you've made up your mind it's been such a long, long time since it's been good with us
And that somewhere back along the line you lost your love and I lost your trust
Now rooms that once were so bright
Are filled with the coming night

I don't wanna fade away
Oh I don't wanna fade away

I don't wanna be just another useless memory holding you tight
Or just some other ghost out on the street to whom you stop and politely speak when you pass by
Vanishing into the night
Left to vanish into the night

I don't wanna fade away
Oh I don't wanna fade away
Tell me what can I do, what can I say
'Cause darlin' I don't wanna fade away

****************
Sometimes it seems I'm the only one who likes Bruce Springsteen's music, at least in the circle I move in. I just heard this song again as I was turning the radio and I was quite surprised. Surprised that someone was playing a Bruce Springsteen song OTHER than Born In the USA, Dancing in the Drak or Glory Days and surprised that they were playing THIS song, one of my favorites which I'm sure 99% of you visitors to my journal have never heard of. But I have, many many times. And I just love this song to death.