Wednesday, July 16, 2003



SUPERMAN: BIRTHRIGHT #1 (MAY030162), the debut issue
of the 12-issue maxiseries, has sold out at DC Comics
only nine days after its on-sale date of July 2. This
special issue features a 40-page story by Mark Waid,
Leinil Yu and Gerry Alanguilan at the regular-issue
cover price of $2.95.

"Superman, Leinil Yu, Gerry Alanguilan, Dave
McCaig...I feel like I'm playing in the greatest band
ever, and that retailers and fans have embraced
BIRTHRIGHT is just terrific," says Waid. "As for my
part, all I ever promised was that I'd show readers
who don't love Superman exactly why I do. I'm thrilled
they're enjoying the show, because it only gets
better."

"From the time we first heard that Mark was going to
write this project and Leinil was going to draw it, we
knew fans were going to have a strong response to this
series," says Bob Wayne, DC's VP - Sales & Marketing.
"Even with a significant overprint, we ran out faster
than expected. As always, we urge retailers to
increase their orders."