Friday, August 15, 2003



SUPERMAN BIRTHRIGHT INTERVIEW PART 2

My Interview is finally up! I can't believe it, but there it is. Thanks Arune! You're a swell guy. Thanks for helping us promote the book by interviewing Mark, Leinil, and myself about our project. Were you able to get in touch with Dave? And thanks also for letting me rant about the deal us inkers get a lot of the time. ha! ha! Thanks also for letting me shamelessly plug my other work.

Leinil says he will be sending a cover for me to ink really soon, with pages for the next issue to follow soon after that. I'm hoping to wrap up the Creation story as soon as I'm able. I may no longer have to time to color it myself. I may need to ask a friend of mine to do it for me. But I will of course continue to pencil, ink, and letter it myself. I'm very happy at how my art is turning out here. I think I may have finally nailed the style I have always been looking for. I'll post a page or two of it here soon.

I gotta go. I gotta start walking.

****

I'm back. Not only did I go around Sampalok lake, I also went walking into town to buy breakfast and then walk back home. I resolve to just walk to anywhere I need to go in San Pablo, just as long as its into town and nearby areas. I always feel tired afterwards, but I feel great!

Right outside our gate, a watermelon plant suddenly sprouted. The flooding of a few months ago most likely brought the seed and deposited it just outside. At first I thought, what the heck is that weird looking vine thing that's growing just outside the gate? I thought it was a weed, but it was so strange that I always watered it and saved it whenever we have our grass cut. It wasn't until someone said, "Hey, that's a Watermelon plant!" did I realize just what it was. And it's true! A couple of watermelons are actually growing out of the vine right now. One of them is still small, the size of a marble. but the other one is getting huge with each passing day. I mean, you look at it in the morning and in the afternoon you can swear it's larger. Right now it's as big as a softball. I just wish no one picks it up, at least before it's ripe.

Times like this I wish I had a digital camera. I'm tempted to say that as soon as I get some money I'll buy one. But I have to buy a dining room set first, have some cabinets built, me and Ilyn go on a much needed and much delayed vacation (although a camera would come in handy when we finally get to go). But I really want a camera like that. It's all Jun Dimaano's fault for sales talking me into it when he came over and showed me his Olympus and what that little damned thing can do.