Tuesday, February 24, 2004


Here is a full version of the KIA drawing I did for Marco Dimaano's upcoming comics project. I wonder why I didn't put the full drawing in the first place. he.he. Clicking here would give you a much larger version of it. I don't know when it's coming out, but it seems to be full of great art from the likes of Wilson Tortosa, Carlo Vergara, Arnold Arre and of course Marco himself.

Aside from drawing, I'm also currently doing some writing. One is for a project for the Komikero group, and another one for Mango Comics, for their LASTIKMAN series. I'm having a lot of fun with Lastikman. I can't say anything else about it for now, but I guarantee it's going to be lots of fun to read. Here's a clue: Lastikman! Crest Hut Style!! he.he.

Drawing and writing are two different things for me. It's allright if there's something on TV or on the radio when I'm drawing. In fact, I crave for it because it's something to keep me awake late at night. I have to hear something going on for me to work. But writing is totally different. I can't work when the TV or radio is on. I gotta have absolute silence, or else I'm cranky, unproductive and my head will hurt before long. My concentration on what I'm writing keeps me from getting sleepy. Maybe it's more difficult for me and I have to concentrate a whole lot more.