Monday, February 09, 2004


I dealt with a deadline, working while sick. That's pretty much sums up the past week or so since I last updated this journal. I just wanna sleep now. Tomorrow I meet with David Hontiveros for a project we're working on together. During the week, Breakfast, a show at ABS-CBN called me up to ask if I could guest in their show about comics. That was supposed to be early this morning. But I had said I was dealing with a deadline and said if they could call me again I'll recommend some people to them. I had already recommened artists from the Komikero group who appeared on the show last Monday. As I put the phone down I thought of Carlo Vergara, but with him being unavailable, I thought of the SIGLO group. Why didn't I think of that before? I called up Mike Simbulan to ask if the group could do it and he said yes and he waited for details about the show. Unfortunately, Breakfast never called back and I sincerely apologize to Mike, Dean and the Siglo group for this missed opportunity to plug the book. Next time?