Friday, May 04, 2001


I just finished inking 6 pages of Fantastic Four over Leinil Yu's pencils and Jeph Loeb's story. That was just so cool! Can't wait to start on Xmen with Leinil next week. In the meantime, I gotta start on my own personal projects, and Ocholocrat for Comics Conspiracy. Inking is cool, and the money that comes with it is cool. But if inking is all I do, my other drawing skills would rot and I can't let that happen.

The editor at PULP Magazine got in touch with me asking what I had in mind because the serialization of Wasted is nearly done. With all the stuff I need to do, I feel I won't be able to continue doing stories for them, as much as I want to. I've already got stories lined up, but I simply don't have the time to spare to draw them. It's too bad because here's a perfect venue where I can some other skills I want to develop like pencilling and writing. And thinking about it, it's what I want to do.

Good thing I have other things like Ochlocrat, where I can really go nuts with my pencilling (and inking), and Timawa for Alamat which I'm both writing and drawing. I've already written the Timawa story, and I already have the Ocholocrat story written by Doug Miers, and I'm raring to do them. But then there's the inking gig, which literally feeds me and pays for the bills and stuff. I gotta do them and give priority to them first and foremost. But I also have a contract with Comics Conspiracy on Ochlocrat which I'm also going to honor. I'll do it and on the time given to me. I also have a September deadline on Timawa which I'm also going to honor. At this point I don't like to think about how the heck I'm going to do all that in the time I have, but all I know is that I will do it, by God, I will.