Thursday, October 09, 2003



Anyone else get a strange phone call from Malacanang lately? A woman who says she's calling from the Commission on the Alleviation of Poverty in Malacanang called me up yesterday and said that the meeting I will be having with their head will be postponed from 9:30am on Friday to Lunchtime same day. Needless to say, I was flabbergasted. This is the first call I got from them. I made no arrangements to meet with anyone on Friday, this week or any other week in the near future. And why would I? I'm in another one of my tight deadlines and I need to finish this issue of Birthright before I leave for Tagaytay next week. Doing the comic book takes up nearly all my time and I have little time to do anything else. Still, I was really puzzled why I'm being called. They seem to have assumed that I had already talked to them before. But I haven't. And If I did, I would not have been available to meet with them anyway, not this week or next week.

It turns out my brother got the same call as well. And he was the one who gave them my number. Strange. Anyone else get any such calls?