Sunday, October 05, 2003





The interview came out in the Inquirer today. :) It had this picture of the four of us doing the superhero thing. From left that's Leinil Francis Yu, me (Superman Birthright), Philip Tan (Uncanny X-men), and Wilson Tortosa (Battle of the Planets). Thank goodness I didn't have to do the Wolverine thing (they asked Leinil to do that he.he.). All I had to do was look mean. Which wasn't difficult. Still, big BIG thanks goes to Ruey De Vera for his amazing support throughout the years. This is the 2nd article he has done on Leinil, the 2nd on me, and he did a really nice Wasted review a long time ago. Thanks Ruey! You can find an online version of the interview here:

http://www.inq7.net/mag/2003/oct/05/mag_1-1.htm

Lan Medina was supposed to join us for the interview but deadlines kept him home. It was nice of Ruey to mention him and his work nevertheless.

I was supposed to meet Leinil in Sto. Tomas, Batangas today. We're really putting out all the stops and trying really hard to finish the current issue we're drawing as soon as we can. It's no longer enough that Leinil couriers the pages to me. That means a delay of one day the pages getting to me. We need to meet now at least 2-3 times a week so he can hand me those pages faster. We had agreed to meet sort of halfway between our homes. Sto. Tomas is still closer to my house than his, but at least he's got a car and I gotta commute.

I was at Jollibee Sto Tomas at the appointed time, but Leinil was unfortunte enough to have gotten stuck in one of the most terrible traffic jams in recent history on the expressway out of Metro Manila. A sudden furious downpour flooded parts of the highway and it stalled vehicles all along it. He called to say we should meet the following day instead and he would be turning back. If the traffic is bad as it is, he may well still be there. Unfortunately, my mom got caught in this monster jam herself. I gotta call home to see if she's back.