Friday, October 10, 2003



Apparently, the call from Malacanang was legit. I was called once again yesterday by the Office of the Presidential Commission on the Alleviation of Poverty and I was made clear about what they needed from me. They needed someone to lead in the effort to bring art to the people to uplift them culturally and hopefully, financially. Needless to say, it's quite an admirable objective and it's something I totally support. I just happen to think I'm the wrong guy for it. I don't have the tools necessary in my character to be able to do this job properly. I had a job that took a lot of time from me and I was afraid that I may not have the time to devote myself fully to it, to be of service enough to make it effective. I recommened that they approach Gilbert Monsanto, who I believe to have the necessary drive and enthusiasm that could do nothing but benefit the effort. Best of luck man. This is quite an honor and I'm sure you'll do a terrific job.