Monday, January 05, 2004


Crest Hut Butt Shop #3

After 3 long years, Crest Hut #3 will finally be released! As Elbert pointed out to me, it took 3 years for Crest Hut #2 to come out after #1. I assure those few of you who actually read this title (thank you!) that it won't take another 3 years for #4 to come out. In fact, I mean to come out with another one this very year! Thanks to everyone who wrote to me about this title, and to be honest, I never thought it would get as much readers as I had expected.

Crest Hut Butt Shop was a title I came up after doing a rash of dark depressing stories, from Wasted to Dead Heart. I guess after doing those, I got sort of burnt out and wanted to do something else. In fact, one of the favorite features of Crest Hut, namely "Stupid Chicken Stories", began as a back up feature in Dead Heart #2. That back up feature got more response than the main story drawn by Leinil Yu. So I came up with a whole mini comic out of those kinds of stories.

Crest Hut is actually done very quickly. If I have nothing else to do, I can do one issue in just a couple of weeks. But since I never run out of other things to do, each issue just gets delayed and delayed and so forth. At the moment, I'm still finishing inking an issue of Superman before I put the finishing strips to Crest Hut in, lay it out and photocopy it. I'll have copies ready by January 13, in time for the Coconut Festival here in San Pablo.

For those in Manila, I'll be bringing copies with me and I'll be selling them at New Worlds 2 Sci Fi Con at Rockwell, Makati from January 17-18. I'll be dropping off copies at Comic Quest as well during that time.