Thursday, January 01, 2004


WANTED: NESTOR REDONDO and ALEX NIÑO

I'm getting a much deeper appreciation for the work of the great Filipino masters of comics art and a particular favorite of mine at the moment is Nestor Redondo. Ilyn and I went to her house today and she showed me a copy of the Limited Collector's Edition of THE BIBLE published by DC Comics in 1975, drawn magnificently by Nestor Redondo. I was blown away with each page I turned. I'm getting more and more convinced that Nestor may well be the Philippines' greatest comics artist, along with Francisco Coching and Alex Niño. I want more!

So if anyone has copies of the complete run of Rima: The Jungle Girl issues #1 to #7, preferably in Very Fine condition (doesn't have to be mint), published by DC Comics from 1974 to 1975, and you want to sell them to me, I'd be extremely grateful! Other stuff I'm looking for:

Swamp Thing: Volume 1, issues 11 to 23, all of which has Nestor Redondo art.
Satan's Tears: The Art of Alex Niño

If you got these items and wish to sell them, please email me. :)
gerryalanguilan at yahoo.com