Saturday, November 26, 2005

Manuel Rey Isip


Fighting Filipinos Update!



Long time visitors to this site will remember this poster I uploaded in April of this year, and I wondered who had painted it.

I don't remember exactly how it went, but someone emailed me with an idea of who it was and suggested I get in touch with Jordin Isip, a relative of the artist in question. I got in touch with him and today he gave his confirmation.

"Yes my grandfather painted that poster. If you look closely you can see his very stylized signature "Isip" right above the "The". His full name is Manuel Rey Isip. He passed away over 15 years ago."



Thanks Jordin! Mystery solved!

Jordin is a remarkable artist in his own right, whose work appears in Rolling Stone, The New York Times, Time, Atlantic Monthly, etc. You can see his work on his site below.
http://www.jordinisip.com/