Tuesday, December 30, 2003


Films and TV Series I Wish Were on DVD

I've been collecting favorite movies on DVD for several years now and with this format's potential for archiving programs and preserving them in pristine condition for a long time makes such a collection worthwhile. A lot of my favorite shows have turned up on DVD in the past several years like Ed Wood, SHOGUN, The Mission, Highlander TV Series, but there are still a whole lot more I'd like to see. I wish the companies who own the rights to these shows/movies release them because I'd buy them in an instant!


HEARTBEAT

This is a British weekly police show set in the English countryside in the 60's. It started way back early 90's and it's still going. I was able to watch only the first 5 seasons but I really liked every episode I saw. Maybe the simple life in a countryside setting appeals to me. I wonder how they can maintain the 60's era thing with now more than 10 seasons with Christmas shows each season.


The Brittas Empire

Another British show! These guys rock, honestly! The Brittas Empire is one of the funniest shows I've seen. Some people are annoyed by Chris Barrie, but I kind of find him hilarious. He was last seen in Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life. Actually, the DVD is already available in the UK, but my TV can't handle PAL as yet.


Mr. Belvedere

Another British actor! In an American show. Wasn't really a huge huge hit in the 80's when it first came out, but I found the show to be strangely compelling. I even made a whole site out of it. Check it out! All seasons on DVD. I'll get two copies!!


Let It Be

If there's one Beatles DVD I would like to really have, it's THIS one. I had a betamax copy of this in the 80's but I've worn it out after continous viewing.

There are a lot of other titles I have in mind, but these are the ones that immediately spring to mind. :)