Sunday, January 09, 2005

In 2005


In 2005

What do I see myself doing in 2005? I see it as another very busy year for me in comics, in architecture, and maybe film.


In comics, I'm still in the process of restoring artwork for Francisco V. Coching's El Endio. It's taking far FAR longer than I anticipated, and it might not be released this month as I have originally planned. I did not realize how time consuming it would be to restore just a single page. But it's a fascinating process and I really don't mind doing it. Coching's work deserves no less than the best and it's what I'm trying to achieve. I hope that when it eventually comes out, I hope to present this work in the best way possible.

Research is still ongoing for the Filipino Comics Art project. I'm anticipating the arrival in the Philippines of both Tony DeZuniga and Alex Niño, both of whom expressed interest in helping out with the book. I'm so totally excited about this project, and I hope to see it published, as scheduled, in 2006.

I'm receiving TONS of material from many creators like Rudy Nebres, Del Barras, Romeo Tanghal, etc., and from comics enthusiasts like Auggie Surtida etc., that's getting hard to find the time to process them all in a timely manner. But again, I really don't mind. This is all just terrific and these people have my eternal gratitude for all their help.

On the work front, I'm actively trying to find pencilling gigs, but I'm still doing more inking from the incredibly evolving Leinil Francis Yu. The preview art he is turning in for our next project for Cliffhanger have been nothing short of breathtaking. This one is written by Andy Diggle and man, I'm a fan of Andy's work from The Losers and Swamp Thing and I can't wait to see what he does with us.

I'm doing a little story about a chicken. I hope to finish it before the year is out, specially since it's the year of the Rooster. It HAS to come out this year!


In architecture, I see myself continuing to be active in our organization, the United Architects of the Philippines, San Pablo Chapter (UAP). I'm the webmaster of our site which you can find here. It's regularly updated, well, as often as this site is updated that is. Although I am not a current practicing architect, I can do so if I choose, specially with the passing of the Architect's Law of 2004, which is incredibly beneficial for the profession as a whole.

As always, I'll be attending the various seminars, conventions and conferences. The nearest one is an Area B assembly set for January 29-30 in Nasugbu, Batangas.



In film, I had promised Noel Lim that we will continue with the Wasted movie this year. Aside from that, I'm slowly becoming engrossed in the art of filmmaking as well. Recently, I've been doing these really short music videos with the aid of a program built in into XP, the Windows Movie Maker. It's a pretty handy tool that makes making videos relatively easy. I've made a video for Johnny, as well as Komikero.

I also recently finished a multi media presentation of the UAP San Pablo's activities for the past half year as a report in the form of an 8 and half minute video. The Komikero videos can be seen in my other BLOG, and the one for the UAP will be forthcoming in our site there.

I'm thinking of graduating into short film with a story about AZ and his clone. If he agrees that is. In the meantime, I'll think of something else.