Saturday, September 02, 2006

Wasted The Movie Continues Production


Wasted The Movie Continues Production...


After a long delay, Wasted the Movie continues production. Noel F. Lim is still the director, but unfortunately, I will no longer be playing Eric. I will still remain as a script consultant and have final approval over it.

We started shooting Wasted early in 2002, and I moved to Manila for seven months in the hopes of finishing the shooting within that time. We were unable to.

However, we were able to finish at least 1/4th to 1/3rds of all the scenes. After those seven months, life and work had completely taken me over (I got married in December 2002) and from 2003 onwards, I had hoped I would be able to continue shooting somehow, inserting a day of shooting here and there in between all my comics work. But it never happened.

The realities of working in comics is so that I have very little time for anything else, and shooting Wasted demanded much more time than I was finally able to give. Eric is, after all, the major character, and the story centered almost exclusively on him.

This year, Noel Lim and I finally agreed to discontinue the movie we were making, and he will go off and make a new one with a different Eric. To Noel's credit, his enthusiasm has never flagged through the years, and he has continually pestered me when we were going to start shooting again. It is a project that is near and dear to his heart and he wants nothing more than to finish it. I want to finish it as well, and to be completely honest, I would have wanted to continue playing Eric because it had been so much fun. But at this point in my life, I really don't have the time to spare.

Although I have control over the script, I have little control over how he would eventually shoot it. I just hope that he doesn't use any more God damned CGI flames or any CGI people. He was tempted, more than once, to completely CGI me, when he started to realize I won't be able to continue doing it.

I will still be in the movie, in a way that I will not yet reveal. I'll let you all just figure out where I am, whenever you finally get to see it.

As to all the footage I've shot, we will be collecting some of it, and will include it as supplementary material for a possible home video version down the road. Here's some photos of me as Eric from 2002:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's some photos taken of the shooting in 2002 by Budjette Tan in his nifty phone cam:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Hopefully, I will be able to post some of that footage with me on You Tube very soon.

I will also be reactivating the Wasted The Movie Blog, where you can see me, Noel Lim and other creatives involved in the movie talk, fight and pull each other's hair out.

Any further updates about the production of the movie you will be able to read over there.

+

Help out a friend of mine by buying some of his comics. He doesn't want to sell them, but he's only doing so because he lost some stuff to robbers on a bus. Here's his blog.