Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Whilce Portacio



Whilce Portacio
X-Force Splash Page, 2000


Whilce Portacio not only has a blog, he's also on You Tube! Check out his first entry with a video on his comeback to Wetworks. (Out this week!)

I've talked about Whilce a lot on this blog and in my own videos. I owe the guy a lot because he's instrumental in getting me into comics big time. Back in the mid 80's when I was marvelling at his inking over Rick Leonardi, and later on June Bridgman on the pages of Uncanny X-men, I never thought that I'd eventually meet him and work with him!

That splash page above is the pencils to an X-Force page I had inked way back 2000. It was being written by Warren Ellis and it's one of the few things I inked that I actually read.

I wanted to embed Whilce's video right here, but I can't seem to access You Tube right now. I asked my friends in Manila if they can access You Tube and they said they can, so it's just me and my connection. boo!