Thursday, October 20, 2005

KOMIKON 2005!


Komikon 2005!

I'll be re-releasing Dead Heart Stories #2: Blood Brothers at the Komikon. It's a mini comic that originally came out in 1997, written and lettered by me, and pencilled and inked by then unknown Leinil Francis Yu.

The original release was quite limited, which was around just 100 copies, and even I don't have a copy of it. Leinil was shortly going to start his career with Wolverine, and before he got busy, I took the opportunity to ask him to draw my short story. It's a little rough understandably, and Leinil has expressed intent to break my body in half with his formidable kung fu skills if I ever came out with it again. he.he.

Other things I'll be bringing to the con to sell would be sets of Crest Hut Butt Shop 1 to 3, complete sets of Batch 72 by Budjette Tan and Arnold Arre, lots of old imported comics (dirt cheap!), and a poster of Humanis Rex! which you can see below.



All this selling is of course, to help pay for the booth in which I'll be exhibiting works of our great masters in Philippine Komiks Art. I've blown up several pieces of covers and interior art, larger than their originals. I'm also bringing lots of vintage komiks, magazines and original art from the 1940's to the present. None of them would be for sale of course.

See you all at the con!!