Saturday, November 25, 2006

Komikero Press


I got some press lately from some really unexpected places. This first one came from a local showbiz magazine THE BUZZ, published by ABS-CBN. Here's a scan of the page, but if you would like to see it in print, it came out in their December 2006 issue, Volume 3, Issue #12. The article is written by Liza P. Endaya.



I find it really amusing to find myself in a magazine liek this. In it there's people like Katrina Halili, Kristine Hermosa, Sandara Park, Claudine Barretto, Rosanna Roces, Alessandra de Rossi and Regine Velasquez. And then there's....me. he.he. In the page across me is Manila Mayor's son "Kuya" Kim Atienza. I see him on TV a lot. I think he's funny looking. And I mean that as a compliment.

This next one is from, wow! Liwayway Magazine! It's written by my pal Randy Valiente.



It's an article about the recent Komikon held at UP Diliman. I'm not sure if you can still buy it since it's from a week ago, dated November 20, 2006. I think it's really cool to find myself on the pages of Liwayway Magazine at last! I still plan on contributing something to them really soon.

This last one is from, curiously enough, Batangas Post, dated November 6-12, 2006.



It's written by KC Cordero, the same guy who gave us Filipino Komiks #1, and is Associate Editor of The Buzz Magazine. KC has been doing a lot to help the komiks industry, and I find it really admirable.

One of these days I'll upload large and readable versions of these articles. I just wanted to post them to say thanks to KC, Randy, and Liza. Thanks guys! Mabuhay kayo!