Sunday, October 15, 2006

Comics Reporter Interview


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I have an interview with Tom Spurgeon of The Comics Reporter. Click Here. This interview is a big deal personally for me because Tom is one of the toughest critics in comics and I knew for sure that when I sent him ELMER, I would get an honest, no holds barred, brutal truth about my work. I was bracing for what he would say, and I would take it, and learn from it. I never expected that he would go so far as to do an interview with me. I just can't believe it.

Tom Spurgeon is a writer and editor living in Silver City, New Mexico.

Tom has written about comic strips, comic books and editorial cartons for various publications since 1982. He worked for five years 1994-1999 as Managing Editor and then Executive Editor of the lauded and controversial industry trade magazine The Comics Journal. The magazine won several industry awards under his stewardship. He is a former contributing writer at The Stranger and for the late satirical web 'zine Suck.com. As an editor, Tom helped assemble volumes in The Collected Pogo series and books such as Bob Levin's The Pirates and the Mouse. As a writer, Tom co-wrote with Jordan Raphael the historical profile Stan Lee and the Rise and Fall of the American Comic Book and he was privileged to write for the King Features Syndicate strip Wildwood from 1999 to 2002. (bio from The Comics Reporter site)

Thanks Tom! This is something I deeply appreciate.