Saturday, October 21, 2006

Immediate Post Komikon Update


Immediate Post Komikon Update


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Whew! Just got back from the Komikon. That's me and veteran Filipino comics illustrator Jess Jodloman who visited the Komikero booth. I'm just dropping this note to say what a terrific time everybody at Komikero Publishing had, and I have to say this is far FAR better than last year's Komikon. There are LOTs more people, lots more new Philippine komiks seeing publication, lots more pros in attendance. I gotta say, I really enjoyed myself, and I came away carrying really good feelings about comics, and being a creator of comics. It's such a great job to have, and such a great community to be part of.

Right now, I just want to collapse in bed after all the drama of finishing Elmer #2 and preparing for the con(the printer delivered a few minutes before the Komikon doors opened). I'll be posting a far FAR longer article specially for Newsarama on what went on, but I'm afraid it won't be as comprehensive as I would have wanted. I was tied to my table for most of the time signing, sketching and meeting people, and I didn't have much chance to go around.

But I think I got some really OK photos, videos, for an extra long video blog.

(Thanks to Erwin Cruz for the photo!)