Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Druid's Keep, Elmer and Wasted Art


DRUID'S KEEP 2nd Year Anniversary
ELMER SIGNING
3rd Floor Gateway Mall
Magallanes
November 4, 2006
2pm to 6pm



I'll be at Druid's Keep this Saturday for Druid's Keep's 2nd Year Anniversay. I'll be around to sign copies of Elmer #2. For those who want to go, Druid's is in the small mall in Magallanes where Rustan's is. Go behind that building and you'll see stairs and an elevator. Druid's is on the 3rd floor. The owner is Mr. Felix Cua. Nice guy! When you visit, he will most likely be the one behind the counter. Very knowledgable abut comics and is willing to order anything you like.

+


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


That's a drawing by Bing Cansino. Thanks pare! The first time I saw his work was on the pages of Hiwaga Komiks in 2004 and I was immediately impressed. I thought he had amazing potential. I wrote him a letter (on paper) and got a reply some time later. We've since exhanged emails, but I've actually yet to meet him. He's currently working on a comic book called "The Innocents" with colorist Edgar Tadeo.

I'm really amazed at how people still write to me about Wasted. Clearly, it has a life far longer than I had thought it would have. I began writing and drawing it in 1994 (12 years ago!) and finished it in 1996. I never imagined I'd still be talking about it, still receiving emails and artwork about it 10-12 years later. Really, sometimes I don't know how to react. So I'll just post them here.

I talked to Ilyn about Wasted, and if things push through, I might have a special Wasted-related project after finishing Elmer. Let's see.

Below is another Wasted artwork this time from Josef from MySpace.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Thanks Josef!

+


Here's art for ELMER by my pal and Komikero Henry Anima II. Thanks Henry!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting