Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Komikero at Nostalgia Manila


A Trip Down Memory Lane

The webmaster of a blog called Nostalgia Manila got in touch with me recently to let me know of his site. When I went there... wow! It's like driving down a huge memory lane, if you grew up in the Philippines, that is. It features bits and pieecs of popular Philippine pop culture and then some, from the 1960's to the 1980's.

As some of you who read my work, you will probably notice I like looking at the past a lot, or at least give importance to past events because it affects us today.

I'm also one of those guys who feel that I was born in the wrong time. I would have probably fit much better had I been born at least 2 decades earlier. There's a lot of stuff in those days that are incredibly cool. Today everything is plastic and electronic and always wanting to do stuff in a hurry.

I don't want to live in the past either so those ruminations I induldge myself only once in a while. I do think there's great importance to our past, and the need to preserve it, so that it would inform our lives and what we do and write and create today and in the future.

The online museum has just been featured in the site. Please feel free to visit, and if you are someone older than maybe 30, you'll get a kick out of a lot of things you'll find there. :)

NOSTALGIA MANILA
http://nostalgiamanila.blogspot.com/